One of the biggest experiments I've always wanted to work on is a homebrew radar system. No, not some little ultrasonic range finder using pre-made kits, but a true high-power pulse (and maybe Doppler) radar system. And I think it's now possible...
This project will be continuously "in development." I have no idea if the final outcome will even work, but I'll try to make all the experiments public and fairly-well documented. The overall work will be done in a series of sub-sections over the next few months (or even years). If it all works - great. If it doesn't... It'll look cool, and you'll have nice beacon to attract anti-radiation missles.
A very detailed description of how radars operate, and the design of their major component sections, is available in the U.S. Army Aviation Course - Subcourse MM5005: Radar Transmitter manual. This manual is also available online.
MIT has a free online course Build a Small Radar System Capable of Sensing Range, Doppler, and Synthetic Aperture Radar Imaging which describes how to build a simple S-band radar system.
- Doppler Radar Explanation and Demo Using the Coffee Can Radar (YouTube)
- Build a Coffee Can Radar (YouTube)
- Tin Can Radar Forum
Major Radar Sections
General Radar Audio & Video
- 22C3: I See Airplanes! by Eric Blossom (YouTube)
- This lecture describes how to build your own passive radar system using relatively low-cost hardware and free software. Passive radar systems allow you to determine the position and velocity of aircraft, etc, using broadcast TV and FM radio transmitters as illuminators. The system works by watching the direct path and reflections from "L" transmitters using "M" coherent receivers at "N" locations. From the raw data we extract estimates of bi-static range, doppler and angle-of-arrival. These estimates are fed into a tracking algorithm that attempts to sort airplanes from clutter and noise.
- CCC 22C3 Entry
- Slides (2.1M PDF)
- Passive Radar Caution: Wikipedia
DEFCON 19: Build Your Own Synthetic Aperture Radar by Michael Scarito (YouTube)
- Radar is used extensively by the military, police, weather, air travel, and maritime industries - why not you? Come learn how to build a radar imaging system on the cheap! This talk will explain the basics of how radar works as well as how to measure range and velocity of your chosen targets. You will learn how to use synthetic aperture techniques to generate a two- or even three-dimensional image. The hardware and software design will be totally opened up so you can go home and build your own system. The talk will try to run through the basics pretty fast, so some knowledge of electronics or basic physics might help, but is not required! Regardless of your background, you will see the capabilities of a modern home-built radar system and hopefully get some ideas for your own uses.
Access a Distant 900 MHz Repeater by Bouncing Signals Off an Airplane (YouTube) RadarVision2 in Operation Video showing the operation of a RadarVision2 through-the-wall radar device. (YouTube) Thales Smart-S Mk2 Naval Radar (YouTube) Thales Radar Video (YouTube) Tuning the Radar Funny! (YouTube) X-Band Doppler Radar Test Larry's homemade Doppler radar. (YouTube) ARTHUR - Artillery Hunting Radar (YouTube) Radar Chaff Shows up on Weather Radar (YouTube) Army MOS 13R Field Artillery Firefinder Radar Operator (YouTube) LearningMeasure Episode 7: Radar and Relativity (YouTube) Radar and it's Applications (1962) (YouTube) Russian Stealth: The Hunt for the Invisible (YouTube) Arctic Mission: A Report on DEW Line Activities From 1955. (YouTube) History of the Skunk Works - Part 1 (YouTube)
- History of the Skunk Works - Part 2 (YouTube)
- History of the Skunk Works - Part 3 (YouTube)
- History of the Skunk Works - Part 4 (YouTube)
- History of the Skunk Works - Part 5 (YouTube)
The Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird #1 (YouTube) The Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird #2 (YouTube) SR-71 Record Setting Video (YouTube) The U-2 & TR-1 Story (YouTube)
Radar Stealth & Radar Countermeasures
- F-117 Stealth Fighter Wreckage (YouTube)
- Wreckage video of the F-117A (#82-806) stealth airplane shot down on March 27, 1999 over Serbia.
- Vega 31: The Loss of F-117A #82-806
- Kosovo and the Continuing SEAD Challenge
- For Sale: Revered Piece of Yugoslav Past; Downed U.S. Jets are Source of Pride
- Serb Discusses 1999 Downing of Stealth
Lt. Colonel Dale Zelko's Presentation on his F-117A Being Shot Down (YouTube)
- Excerpt from an audio presentation by Lt. Colonel Dale Zelko about his shoot down and ejection over Serbia on March 27, 1999. Including an actual recording of his "mayday" call. Put to pictures of the F-117 including the wreckage of Zelko's actual aircraft.
- The Night They Saved Vega 31
- SA-3 GOA Missle Info
The Unthinkable, the Unimaginable Happened: A F-117 was Shot Down in Combat by Lt. Col. Dale Zelko (YouTube)
- Lt. Col. Dale Zelko reflects on his experience as the only stealth fighter mission shot down during combat and his accomplishment and fortitude in an against-all-odds scenario. This "Wings & Things Guest Lecture" took place on Jan. 25, 2006.
Understanding Stealth Technology Neat little video from Lockheed Martin. (YouTube) Hitler's Stealth Fighter Fascinating National Geographic documentary about the Horten Ho 229. (YouTube) Stealth Aircraft Technology Older documentary about the various stealth airplanes, includes interviews with several Skunk Works employees. (YouTube) Federation of American Scientists: F-117A Nighthawk Deep Black: Stealth Aircraft Technology F-117 Combat Tactics From Dan's Aviation History. Picture of the F-117A Stealth Fighter - 1 Picture of the F-117A Stealth Fighter - 2 Picture of a Crashed F-117A Stealth Fighter No nose gear. Picture of a Crashed F-117A Stealth Fighter Shot down in Serbia. How "Stealth" is Achieved on the F-117A Method of Edge Waves in the Physical Theory of Diffraction The paper that started it all. By Pyotr Ufimtsev. (8.9M PDF) RadJam - Version 2.0 Computes detection contours for radars in the presence of jammers. (237k ZIP) Radar Jammer Plans (124k PDF) RCS Calculations Using the Physical Optics Codes - Version 2.3 RCS equations for Matlab. (Theory and Operation Paper) Studying Stealth: Air Force Begins Operation of World's Largest Wideband Bi-Static Imaging & Radar Cross Section Test Facility Tesla's Egg of Columbus, Radar Stealth, the Torsion Tensor & the "Philadelphia Experiment" by K.L. Corum, J.F. Corum, and J.F.X. Daum. (755k PDF) Now You See It, Now You Don't Ultra Stealth RF Stealth (or Low-Observable) and Counter-RF Stealth Technologies Implications of counter-RF stealth solutions for Turkish Air Force, by Serdar Cadirci (2.2M PDF) A Stealth Satellite Sourcebook by Allen Thomson (8.3M PDF) Radar Cross Section Measurements (8-12 GHz) of Magnetic and Dielectric Microwave Absorbing Thin Sheets (90k PDF) Investigation into the Significance of Geometry on the Radar Cross Section of a Ship by Lt. M. Losier. (4.6M PDF) Epsilon Radar Cross Section Prediction Software (Datasheet) (Galileo Example) Radar Cross Section Reference Sheet (140k PDF) Radar Signatures and Relations to Radar Cross Section (376k PDF) Large Lockheed Martin Skunk Works Logo SR-71 Blackbirds Web Site Index Picture of a SU-27 Entering Optical Stealth Mode That's what it said on the original description. Fake? Condensation Around a B-2 Stealth Bomber Often mistaken for secret plasma stealth technology. (Alternate) The CIA and the U-2 Program, 1954-1974 (8.4M PDF) Stealth Aircraft Soon to be Rendered Useless Roke Manor Research press release. Electromagnetic Stealth: The Fight Against Radar by Justin Wilson (371k PDF) Huygens' Principle Electromagnetic Waves in Cold Plasmas (1.1M PDF) Electromagnetic Waves in Plasmas From MIT. (1.2M PDF) Plasma Stealth Technology Page Force Fields and 'Plasma' Shields Get Closer to Reality Russian Scientists Created Revolutionary Low-Observability Technologies Stealth Technology Caution: Wikipedia
Tamiya 1:48 F-117 Stealth Fighter by John Heck Tamiya 1:48 F-117 Stealth Fighter by Scott C. Schuyler Testors 1:32 F-117 Stealth Fighter by Warren Zoell Revell 1:48 F-117 Stealth Fighter Academy's 1:48 F-117 Steath Fighter by Kaan Gok List of F-117 Models
Aircraft of Low-Observability U.S. Patent 4,019,699 (283k PDF) Stealth Aircraft U.S. Patent 5,250,950 (452k PDF) All-Wing Aircraft U.S. Patent 5,250,950 (Northrop) (452k PDF) Screening for Engines U.S. Patent 3,487,410 (309k PDF) Absorption Device for Electromagnetic Waves U.S. Patent 2,771,602 (170k PDF) Arrangement for Weakening, Extinguishing and/or Deflecting Reflected Waves U.S. Patent 3,307,186 (166k PDF) Radar Absorptive Coating U.S. Patent 3,599,210 (127k PDF) Ferrite Radar Absorbing Material U.S. Patent 3,662,387 (52k PDF) Radar Absorbing Material and Process for Making Same U.S. Patent 5,552,455 (479k PDF) Window that Transmits Light Energy and Selectively Absorbs Microwave Energy U.S. Patent 5,776,612 (671k PDF) Low-Observable Aircraft Fastener Treatment U.S. Patent 6,315,485 (108k PDF) Highly Conductive Thermoplastic Elastomer Gap Filler U.S. Patent 6,780,921 (61k PDF) Infrared Suppressing Two Dimensional Vectorable Single Expansion Ramp Nozzle U.S. Patent 6,857,600 (133k PDF) Test Pylon Having Low Radar Cross Section U.S. Patent 4,990,923 (192k PDF) Radar Cross Section Self-Test U.S. Patent 6,404,383 (93k PDF) Device for Measuring Electromagnetic Radiation Absorption U.S. Patent 5,923,174 (91k PDF) Measurement of Radar Cross Section Reduction U.S. Patent 5,428,360 (196k PDF) Object Camouflage Method and Apparatus U.S. Patent 3,127,608 (Plasma Stealth) (270k PDF) Method and Means for Reducing Reflections of Electromagnetic Waves U.S. Patent 4,030,098 (Plasma Stealth) (205k PDF) Energy Absorption by a Radioisotope Produced Plasma U.S. Patent 3,713,157 (Plasma Stealth) (619k PDF)
Anti-Stealth Radar & Countermeasures
- Roke Manor Research CELLDAR Counter-stealth, bi-static radar which uses cellular phone signals. (Overview)
- Radical and Cheap Anti-Stealth Radar
- Cellular Phone Radar (190k PDF)
- Roke to Adapt Mobile Networks for Radar by Matthew Clark
- Lockheed Martin Silent Sentry (Datasheet) (Jane's Defense Entry) (Press Release #1) (Press Release #2)
- Rock 'n' Roll Radar "Silent Sentry" article from Wired.
- Stealth Threat "Silent Sentry" article from Popular Science.
- Peek-a-Boo, I See You Information on Associative Aperture Synthesis Radar (AASR). (Wired Info)
- Scouting For Surveillance Detection of the B-2 stealth bomber and a brief history on "stealth."
- Stealth Warplanes: They Can Run, But They Can't Hide
- ERA Passive Surveillance System VERA-E Low-band "counter-stealth" radar.
- Low-Frequency Radars May be Used to Overcome "Stealth" Technology
- Information About Tamara Anti-Stealth Radar
- Czech Anti-Stealth Radar may be Operating in Yugoslavia
- Tamara Passive Sensor Caution: Wikipedia
- Stealth's Unmasking Only a Matter of Time
- Anti-Stealth Technology by Cyrus Mehta and Ardeshir Mehta (58k PDF)
- Long Range Acoustic Device Useful for the remote jamming of acoustic-based locating sensors.
- Digital LPI Radar Detector by Peng Ghee Ong and Kiad Haw Teng (4.0M PDF)
"The function of a Low Probability of Intercept (LPI) radar is to prevent its interception by an Electronic Support (ES) receiver. This objective is generally achieved through the use of a radar waveform that is mismatched to those waveforms for which an ES receiver is tuned. This allows the radar to achieve a processing gain, with respect to the ES receiver, that is equal to the time-bandwidth product of the radar waveform. This processing gain allows the LPI radar to overcome the range-squared advantage of the ES receiver in conventional situations. Consequently, a conventional ES receiver can only detect an LPI radar at very short ranges <3 nm). The focus of this thesis was to develop an ES receiver to detect LPI radar signals with the same sensitivity as conventional pulse signals. It implements a detector which employs a technique, known as 'deramping,' that forms an adaptive matched filter to the linear FMCW LPI radar signal in order to achieve the processing gain that is equal to the received signal's time-bandwidth product."
General Radar Patents
- Portable Radar System U.S. Patent 3,735,402 (464k PDF)
- Advanced Missile Approach Warning System and Stealth (Low-Observables) Detection Based on Exploitation of Quantum Effects U.S. Patent 5,850,285 (100k PDF)
- Transmitter Independent Techniques to Extend the Performance of Passive Coherent Location European Patent Application 1972962A2 (464k PDF)
General Radar Notes
- 10 GHz Weather Radar by Dave Ingram, K4TWJ. Ham Radio - September 1983. (337k PDF)
- The Gunnplexer Cookbook A microwave primer for radio amateurs and electronics students. By Robert M. Richardson, W4UCH. (12.7M PDF)
- The Radio Amateur's Microwave Communications Handbook Includes a section on homebrew radar. By Dave Ingram, K4TWJ. (17M PDF)
- Radar Circuit Analysis United States Dept. of the Air Force manual 52-8. First published in 1951 and reprinted in 1959.
- Homebrew Doppler Radar CQ VHF - November 1998 (1.3M PDF)
- Doppler Radar in the 10 GHz Amateur Band - Part 1 VHF Communications, Fall 1992, by Jean-Pierre Morel, HB9RKR. (2.2M PDF) (Part 2)
- Aircraft Enhancement Some insights from bi-static radar theory. CQ VHF - Fall 2003 (2.0M PDF)
- Pulse Communications on 2.3 GHz Pulse radio system using a 2C43 triode. The Radio Amateur's VHF Manual - ARRL 1965. (1.2M PDF)
- Radar System Engineering Volume 1 of MIT Radiation Laboratory Series. McGraw-Hill, New York, 1947. Entire MIT Rad Lab Series)
- Radar - The Electronic Eye by Maurice Rubin. Chemical Pub. Co., 1963. (6.3M PDF)
- Radar Principles Navy Electronics and Electronics Training Series, Module 18 (1.5M PDF)
- Radar Systems Navy Electronics Technician, Volume 4 (840k PDF)
- The Radar Game Understanding stealth and aircraft survivability, by Rebecca Grant (3.8M PDF)
- Radar Identification Procedures U.S. Army Aviation Course - Subcourse AV0905 (160k PDF)
- Radar Set TM-11-487C-1 Military Standardization Handbook
- Level Radar, Adjust Power Supply and Center Current, and Synchronize Precision Sweep U.S. Army Aviation Course - Subcourse MM5004
- Adjustment of PPI, IFF, and Precision Display, and PPI Delay Control U.S. Army Aviation Course - Subcourse MM5007
- Radar Basics (2.8M PDF)
- Radar Circuits Includes schematics. (1.2M PDF)
- The Radar Pages
- Building Your Own Amateur Radar by Steve Bragg, KA9MVA
- BT/WSR-2002 Amateur Weather Radar Project by Sean Breheny, KA3YXM, and Anish Trivedi
- Measuring Gunnplexer Transceiver Frequencies
- 10 GHz CW Radar
- Introduction To Radar Technology
- Doppler Sensor Heads WiseWave Tech Bulletin No. SRF (836k PDF)
- Doppler Weather Radar Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 67, No. 11, November 1979 (2.8M PDF)
- AN/PPS-15 Ground Surveillance Radar Operations manual (1.4M PDF)
- Interim Development Report for AN/PPS-6 Ultra-Reliable Radar (4.2M PDF)
- Technical Manual for the AN/FPS-8 & AN/MPS-11 Radar Set (36.7M PDF)
- Technical Manual for AN/MPG-1 & AN/FPG-1 Radars (20.2M PDF)
- Potential Application of the Motorola MSR-20 Radar to DOE Site Security Operates at 9.46 GHz at 1,800 PPS. From Sandia National Laboratories. (5.0M PDF)
- Radar System Characterization and Testing Using the HP 5345A Electronic Counter HP Application Note 174-14. (7.6M PDF)
- U.S. Air Force Radar Test Facilities (876k PDF)
- The Fast Fourier Transform and a Wearable Personal Safety Device A Radar Vision system for detecting crime before it happens.
- CW Radar Operation - Page 1 (Page 2)
- Continuous Wave Radar
- Small Doppler Radar Experiment
- Doppler Speed Radar 2007 Microchip embedded control design contest entry. (112k PDF)
- Using Radar Detectors on 10 GHz Kent Britain, WA5VJB (576k PDF)
- Radar Set AN/PPS-6
- Hot Wheels Radar Gun
- Radar Gun Hacked! By Kipkay.
- The Leander Project Radar Information
- Radar World
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About UWB Radar: A Practical Introduction to the Ultra Wideband Technology by Enrico M. Staderini. (282k PDF)
- Radio Research Instrument Co., Inc.
- A Radar History of World War 2 Sample chapter. (401k PDF)
- The SCR-584 Radar Tribute Page
- The SCR-584 Radar (2.3M PDF)
- The SCR-268 Radar Technical overview of the SCR-268 radar from September 1945.
- Procedure for Making the Itty Bitty Radio Telescope
- Radar Fundamentals From KEES Radar Society (6.2M PDF)
- Radar Antennas From KEES Radar Society (621k PDF)
- CW & Pulse Radar From KEES Radar Society (615k PDF)
- Excerpt from Radar Principles by Levanon Nadav (3.6M PDF)
- Basic Principles of Radar
- Principles of Radar An introductory view, by Chris Allen (2.4M PDF)
- Radar Principles - Simplified by Gordon Hopper, W1MEG. 73 Magazine - June 1964. (735k PDF)
- Radar Principles and Systems (1.4M PDF)
- The Radar War, 1930-1945 by Gerhard Hepcke (137k PDF)
- Target Report: Japanese Airborne Radar U.S. Navy report from 1945. (2.0M PDF)
- Target Report: Japanese Radar Countermeasures and Visual Signal Display Equipment U.S. Navy report from 1945. (1.1M PDF)
- Determination of Radar Chaff Diameter Distribution Function, Fall Speed, and Concentration in the Atmosphere by Use of the NEXRAD Radar (838k PDF)
- Interferometric Inverse Synthetic Aperture Radar by Theodoros G. Kostis (838k PDF)
- Simulator-Defined Radar Countermeasure System (Sim-dRCS) Proof of Concept for Deception in Air Defence at Sea by Theodoros G. Kostis (1.3M PDF)
- Ultra-Wideband Monostatic Microwave Radar - Part 1 by Herrn Mohamed El-Hadidy. (1.8M PDF)
- Ultra-Wideband Radar Overview - Chapter 1 by James D. Taylor. (822k PDF)
- Radar Meteorology Tutorial by Brian McNoldy. (877k PDF)
- A Fiber Optic Based 1550 nm Laser Radar Altimeter with RF Pulse Compression by Christopher Allen. (343k PDF)
- Electronic Warfare and Radar Systems Engineering Handbook (3.1M PDF)
- Optimum Use of the Weather Radar (451k PDF)
- Nonsinusoidal Waves for Radar and Radio Communications by Henning F. Harmuth. (3.9M PDF)
- FPGAs Make a Radar Signal Processor on a Chip a Reality by Ray Andraka. (67k PDF)
- German FuG 202/FuG 220 Lichtenstein Airborne Radars by Hans H. Jucker. (2.8M PDF)
- German Airborne Radar Technology from 1942 to 1945 (1.1M PDF)
- Allied Report on German Radar April 1945.
- Early German Airborne Radar Transmitter Technology (4.3M PDF)
- Deflating British Radar Myths of World War 2 (392k PDF)
- The Invention of the Cavity Magnetron and its Introduction into Canada and the U.S.A. (1.4M PDF)
- Homebrew SONAR System
- HAWK Missle System Radar and CW Illuminator Warning Page
- Homemade Radar rec.boats.building USENET post by Brian Whatcott.
- Ground-Penetrating Radar Methods Used in Surface-Water Discharge Measurements (928k PDF)
- Compact Airborne Solid-State 95 GHz FM/CW Radar System (602k PDF)
- AN/TPS-43 Tactical Surveillance Radar Pictures From brewbooks. (Wikipedia Entry)
- Cold War-Era Radar Parts and Tubes Lots of good pictures from zamistro.
- AN/APG-70 Overview Picture Used in F-15Es.
- AN/APG-63 Overview Picture The AN/APG-63 radar is a highly flexible, all-weather multimode radar.
- AN/APG-65 Overview Picture The AN/APG-65 radar is an all-weather multimode sensor that is used for both air-to-air and air-to-surface missions.
- AN/APG-73 Overview Picture The AN/APG-73 radar is an all-weather, coherent, multimode, multiwaveform search-and-track sensor that uses programmable digital processors to provide the features and flexibility needed for both air-to-air and air-to-surface missions.
- ASR-10SS Overview Picture Raytheon's Primary Surveillance Radar (PSR) with co-mounted Monopulse Secondary Surveillance Radar (MSSR).
- ASR-23SS Overview Picture Raytheon's Primary Surveillance Radar (PSR) with co-mounted Monopulse Secondary Surveillance Radar (MSSR).
- Homemade Passive Radar System (GNU/Radar)
- Bi-Static Radar
- Radar Warning Receivers by Brooke Clarke
- Radar Information on the F-4 Aircraft
- A Landing Radio Altimeter for Small Aircraft by Matjaz Vidmar, S53MV
- Build Your Own Radar Speed Gun
- Lightning Radar
- Parallel Index Radar plot sheet. (140k PDF)
- 360° Coverage Radar plot sheet. (59k PDF)
- 180° Coverage Radar plot sheet. (57k PDF)
- Portable Scale Radar plot sheet. (108k PDF)
Poor-Man's Radar Gun Ultrasonic radar, by W1nt3rmut3. Atmel Ultrasonic Ranger Receiver Protection Technology (573k PDF) Radar System Components and System Design (214k PDF) Turbulence Measurements in Marine Stratocumulus with Airborne Doppler Radar (632k PDF) Union Switch & Signal DR-50 Solid State Radar Unit Installation, operation, and maintenance. Includes schematic. (939k PDF) Electronic Counter-Countermeasures Considerations in Radar Systems Acquisition MIL-HDBK-293 (4.5M PDF) Operating Principles of a Representative Surface Search Radar AN/SPS-10D Part 1 (1.4M PDF) (Part 2) Operating Principles of a Representative Air Search Radar AN/SPS-29 Part 1 (2.5M PDF) (Part 2) Operating Principles of a Hemispherical Scan Radar AN/SPS-42 Part 1 (2.6M PDF) (Part 2) Raytheon Pathfinder Model 1200 Radar Includes schematic. (4.6M PDF) Raytheon Model R10X and R11 Radar Includes schematic. (4.7M PDF) Raytheon Model R20XX and R21XX Radar Includes schematic. (9.0M PDF) Raytheon Model R1206XX and R1210XX Radar Includes schematic. (1.2M PDF) Apelco LDR-9910 Radar (2.6M PDF) PIN-Limiter Diodes Effectively Protect Receivers (333k PDF) Pulse Doppler Radar (2M PDF) Boy's Toy Radar Gun Scares Stone Lake Speeders Polarization Dependent Radar Return from Rough Surfaces (4.1M PDF) FlightAware - Live Flight Tracker Fire Controlman, Volume 2 Fire-Control Radar Fundamentals NAVEDTRA 14099 (3.6M PDF) Aviation Electricity and Electronics Radar NAVEDTRA 14339 (3.5M PDF) Microwave Devices and Radar - Volume 1 Naval Postgraduate School lecture notes, by Prof. David Jenn (4.0M PDF) Microwave Devices and Radar - Volume 4 Naval Postgraduate School lecture notes, by Prof. David Jenn (4.9M PDF) Radar Quick Reference Guide - v2.0 From the FAA. (92k PDF) Ultrasonic Movement Detector Schematic (67k PDF) Short Range Radar Utilizing Standing Wave of Microwave or Millimeter Wave (370k PDF) UWB Millimeter-Wave FMCW Radar Using Hilbert Transform Methods (155k PDF) Theory of Radar Discrimination by E.T. Jaynes (166k PDF) A Statistical Theory of Target Detection by Pulsed Radar by J.I. Marcum. RAND Research Memo. RM-754, December 1, 1947. (15M PDF) LIFE Magazine Radar Pictures From Google Image Search Automatic Target Recognition Using Passive Radar Build Your Own Radar Overview of concepts, resources. T.V. Radar Detecting objects via television multipath. Manastash Ridge Radar The Manastash Ridge Radar is a bi-static passive radar system that uses commercial FM broadcasts as a signal source. Using Multi-Static Passive Radar for Real-Time Detection of UFO's in the Near-Earth Environment The Analysis of Sophisticated Direction of Arrival Estimation Methods in Passive Coherent Locators by Ahmet Ozcetin (1.9M PDF) Cellphone 'Radar' Tracks Traffic Flow Doppler Shift Motion Detector Remote Heart Rate & Breathing Rate Detection Museum of Air Traffic Control ASR-9 Specific Downloads (Technical Documentation) Radar Pulse Measurements with a Spectrum Analzyer Agilent Tech Bulletin. (58k PDF) Radar Development at Lincoln Laboratory: An Overview of the First Fifty Years (2.1M PDF) Radar and MIT Lincoln Laboratory: A View from a Distance (482k PDF) Short Range Personal Radar Uses infrared. DIY Ultra Wide Band Radar $240 High-Res Rail SAR The Role of Active Millimetre Wave Radar in Defence Surveillance by Dr. Duncan A. Wynn (1.2M PDF) Radar Theory for Area/Approach Radar Controllers by Zulfiqar Ali Mirani (937k PDF) Radar Engineering Notes (1M PDF) Military Radar Notes (679k PDF) Lecture: Radar and the Radar Range Equation (847k PDF) Coffee Can Radar From the students of Greg Charvat. C6M Thyratron Datasheet Available from Fair Radio. C6J/5C21 Thyratron Datasheet (64k PDF) 5C22 Thyratron Datasheet Common radar modulator trigger thyratron. (265k PDF) 5948 Thyratron Datasheet (312k PDF) Detailed Pictures of a 2J22 Magnetron Alphatron Radar Magnetrons Strapping of Magnetrons (651k PDF) Visual Aircraft Recognition U.S. Army Field Manual No. 44-80. (3.1M PDF) Dark World of Aircraft Countermeasure Technology Passive Radar Caution: Wikipedia Bi-Static Radar Caution: Wikipedia Radar Caution: Wikipedia Radar Signal Characteristics Caution: Wikipedia
Other Related GBPPR Projects
- Furuno Marine Radar Experiments
- GBPPR Microwave Oven & EMP Experiments Lots of notes, links, and datasheets.
- Through-the-Wall Motion Detection Device Detect human movement using an old automatic door opener.
- Police Radar Gun Spoofing Experiments How to make a police radar gun display an alternate reading.
- Passive Resonant Cavity & "Spycatcher" Technical Surveillance Devices
- GPS Delay Spoofing Experiments Slightly alter the GPS precision timing signals used in a cellular phone-based radar system.
- GBPPR Base Station Chaos - 800 Jam a cellular phone base station used in anti-stealth radar systems so they have to be shut down.
- GBPPR Cellular Phone Jammers Conventional wideband noise jammers.
- GBPPR Active Denial System Experimenting with high RF power levels at 2.45 GHz.
- GBPPR 2.45 GHz Magnetron to Coax Assembly